Hands-on, evidence-based diagnostic and join manipulation techniques to locate and treat joint dysfunction.
Soft tissue & joint mobilizations targeted to restore movement of precise structures of the body which are restricting ideal function.
Restore optimal function utilizing exercise rooted in human movement principles to address the cause of dysfunction.
Identify and address functional limitations causing injury and limiting potential in the gym and on the field.
We are Chiropractic Physicians by professional title. What we do is help people who are frustrated with pain and injury slowing them down, concerned they may not get their lifestyle back!
At REACH Rehab + Chiropractic Performance Center, providing chiropractic services to active professionals in Plymouth and the western suburbs of Detroit, we know you are not ready to compromise what you want to do in life because of the pain of injuries, conditions, or perceived physical limitations.
That’s why we continually upgrade our knowledge to provide cutting-edge, scientific therapies to restore your function and optimize performance. Working together, we will empower you to make informed decisions about your treatment so you can return to your active lifestyle, armed with the education and tools to reduce risk of injury reoccurrence and improve performance. In particular, we are distinguished for:
- A specialized focus on short-term care for back, neck pain, shoulder, and other musculoskeletal pain.
- A refreshing blend of the best of chiropractic, physical therapy, manual therapy, and strength and conditioning. We thrive in cases where conventional treatment has failed.
- A comprehensive, scientific, and methodic approach to classifying musculoskeletal pain, the McKenzie Method, to determine the source of your pain, opposed to treating symptoms. We apply treatment(s) according to classification, yielding effective and reliable results. If we determine we cannot treat the classification, we refer you to the appropriate professional. Ultimately, you achieve a solution!
- Quality time spent understanding our patients and their concerns, goals, and expectations. We block our appointments where you spend uninterrupted, one-on-one time with your Doctor.
- A dedication to outcomes that get you back to your active lifestyle as quickly as possible. Every patient welcomes a customized treatment plan designed to fit their movement needs and health goals, never applying cookie-cutter protocols or subjecting every patient to the same treatment.
- A commitment to humility, knowing we must consistently invest in continuing education to provide the best care possible that evidence suggests.
“I’ve been a patient of Dr. RJ Burr for over a year. As a competitive powerlifter (2015 APF national champion, raw 220 weight class) I frequently stress my body to its limits and occasionally beyond. RJ’s methodical approach allows us to identify imbalances that lead to those injuries, so that I can adjust technique accordingly, and continue making forward progress. Unlike traditional chiropractors, RJ will often provide instructions and simple drills to enable me to fix myself, when certain joint dysfunctions return. In one example, I had been dealing with a nagging hamstring / glute issue, and using anti-inflammatory medication, massage therapy, shockwave and other methods with no improvement. After consulting with RJ, he quickly determined that the issue was likely caused by a slight misalignment of my hip socket. By employing a specific ballistic hip movement, I was able to fix the joint and the pain disappeared almost immediately! Truly amazing.”